Search This Blog

Thursday, April 28, 2011

We're talking about face oils...yes, oil on your face!

Let's talk about oils and your face!  Does the thought of applying oil onto your skin instantly make you break out?  I am going to change your mind and convert you.  Oh, how I hope!

Many of us, perhaps even most of us have been told to stay away from oily creams and moisturizers in order to keep our skin blemish, smooth and wrinkle free.  We have been taught that oil is our enemy and anything that contains an oil base should be avoided like a birthday party for four year olds!  What many of us fail to realize is your cream or lotion with the "oil free" caption sitting in your bathroom cabinet is actually loaded with oil.  It's probably a petrochemical, a mineral oil, animal oil (fat) or even a good oil that has been chemically extracted and therefore has lost its potent antioxidant benefits.  How else does one create a cream, if not for emulsifying an oil and liquid formula?  We all know that oil and water don't mix.  Don't feel silly, it's not your fault that you never knew the liquid by-product to produce gasoline from crude oil was in your oil-free face lotion.  Cosmetic companies are not in a hurry to let you in on that fact.   Not many are adding glossaries with their long list of ingredients to help you to decipher the language either.  Now you know,  you have been using oil all along and you can just imagine if petroleum can fire up your car every morning it can't be good for the health of your skin.  Now that you know better you can do better. 

As we learn more and more about health and nutrition, we have discovered that oils are in fact, amazing for your skin!  That is if you believe that antioxidants, vitamins and essential fatty acids fight free radicals, help with cell renewal and slows the signs of aging.  I was never the type to run away from oil since my fabulous Grandmother cured my every childhood ailment with olive oil.  From cradle cap to a chest cold, my Abuelita (Spanish for Grandmother) always had a spoonful of pure, cold pressed olive oil for me to ingest.  She even taught me that applying a little olive oil to your eyelashes keeps them thick and healthy and a few drops to your hair produces a gorgeous shine enviable by the rich woman who just spent a fortune at the salon.  In case you didn't know, my Abuelita was a genius! 

When I discovered argan oil I knew that I had hit the jackpot in an oil so full of nutritive benefits it would make my skin look like I had rested for 10 hours a night and just been on the best vacation of my life.  Argan oil is an oil from Morocco and produced when the kernels are cracked and cold pressed for a rich oil that, ironically is light and absorbs into your skin immediately.  It is loaded in essential fatty acids, has twice the amount of Vitamin E than olive oil and is high in antioxidant power.  It, like my Abuelita is another genius.  I began to use argan oil in lieu of my expensive moisturizers at first for its hydrating power.  After all the years of creams and lotions I will admit it was disconcerting, but I quickly adapted and after just one week of use I saw the amazing benefits and was ecstatic to say the least.  My skin looked radiant, felt soft and I could not believe a couple of unwanted blemishes were gone!  I wanted to convert everyone to try this amazing oil, however some folks were just not buying it.  When people started to notice and comment on how lovely my skin looked and asked about what I was using I would tell them my secret, much to gasps of horror.  It seems an oil on a person's face was the craziest thing anyone had ever heard of!  Until some became curious and of course, the results for them were also quick and amazing.   I suddenly had a few converts.  I also knew that I was on to something pretty special for the health of my skin without all of the parabens and petrochemicals that I had unwittingly used for years.  It was like discovering chocolate for the first time, I was hooked and I wanted to share my excitement. 

I am sure I have captured some interest in many of you and that's good.  Some of you may be just a little more suspicious and will be slow to try the power of a face oil or just have to wait to experience it for yourselves. That's okay too.  There was a time when folks were distrustful of the blueberry or made jokes about the heart healthy benefits of olive oil.  They most likely had never encountered my Abuelita.  I'm just hoping that soon enough the thought of applying topical antioxidants, vitamins, omegas and plant derived polyphenols sound like a good thing for beautiful skin.  Unless, you are committed to continue using crude oil on your face. 

Face oils are here to stay because they nourish the skin with pure plant derived benefits.  We at La Bella Figura have done some amazing things with plant derived oils and would love for you to try our products so that you too can become a fan of chemical, toxin and paraben free face oils.  It will change the way you take care of your skin and make you wonder why you haven't used a face oil long before.  We have some incredible things in the works and newly discovered oils for the best looking skin you never thought possible.   Just wait until you hear about organic barbary fig seed oil,  rosehip seed oil, coffeebean oil..I could go on with the amazing ingredients we work with at La Bella Figura.  My Abuelita has been gone for some time now and I find myself emulating her as I chase my niece with a bottle of argan oil to heal her dry skin or add shine to hair and even to apply to her lashes for healthy, long lashes.  She thinks I'm a little bonkers now, she'll be thanking me in a few years I'm certain of that!

Find us at www.labellafigurabeauty.com and learn more about La Bella Figura.

Best in skin health,

Victoria
La Bella Figura, LLC 

1 comment:

  1. Really nice post and really nice products! havent tested it yet.

    ReplyDelete