Search This Blog

Friday, June 3, 2011

An interview with La Bella Figura co-founder, Victoria Fantauzzi

Victoria Fantauzzi, CEO and co-Founder of La Bella Figura, LLC
LBF: What is your first beauty ritual of the day

Victoria:  The first thing I do is wash my face.  I use an organic coconut and olive oil liquid soap for sensitive skin that I've enhanced with grapefruit essential oil as a natural antibacterial.  Then I moisturize immediately.  You want to moisturize while skin is...dewy.  Weird word, but true. 

LBF:  What do you use as a moisturizer?

Victoria:  You know what I use!  Tesoro is my favorite. It smells so good and it keeps my skin clear.

LBF:  Okay,  what is something you would like people to know about natural beauty products?

Victoria:  Good question!  I want people to know that using natural ingredients doesn't mean it will be ineffective in what it can do for your skin.  I think there is a myth out there that natural means it can't stand up to tough issues, but in actuality going natural is exactly what you should be doing if you have sensitive skin or eczema or acne.  Some of the chemically laden products out there can make those skin types worse! 

LBF:  I agree with you on that.  I've had allergies all my life and had tried just about everything and nothing really worked until I gave up the junk.  What do you think about all the folks that are scared to death about using a face oil?

Victoria:  I think they need to read their ingredient list because most likely they are already using oil on their face, just the really bad kind.  I know it sounds crazy to some people, but using a great quality antioxidant rich oil with no other ingredients is about as pure as you can get.  Mineral based or animal fat oils are pretty gross stuff.  Pure plant oils are best.

LBF:  Well I know we have tons of work to do so this is my last question.  What La Bella Figura product are you eager to share?

Victoria:  Aha, I think it'll have to be Decouverte our new under eye repair serum because it contains an exciting new ingredient, barbary fig seed oil!  Barbary fig seed oil has such a unique chemistry in France they call it "nature's botox."  I'm really proud of our eye serum because it contains such high performing ingredients like green coffee bean oil, tomato seed oil, which is full of lycopene and beta carotene, rosehip seed oil and of course our favorite..argan oil.  We also use rose otto, palmarosa, helichrysum, lavender and the wild blue tansy!  Blue tansy is so fantastic because it's naturally blue and features azulene, but like chamomille it's a calming essential oil for sensitive skin.  Decouverte is our little rockstar for sure and I can't wait to introduce it to everyone. 

LBF:  It's so exciting to introduce barbary fig seed oil to Americans!  Thanks, Victoria.  Let's get back to work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment