Search This Blog

Monday, August 22, 2011

Victoria's Fall Picks for Fashion, Beauty and George Clooney movies.


As Summer winds down its carefree and relaxed ways, some of us excitedly await our favorite season of the year the way children await Christmas.  Not just for the abundance of color nature has to offer, or the long romantic walks in the park, or even those Woody Allen movies that make New York so vibrant and elegant, but the new Fall fashion and beauty season that promise us new bounty.  The Fall fashion season is like that giant box under the Christmas tree.  We anticipate the best and latest design and products we just need to discover and of course have!

This season I am more invested than ever in the latest beauty products of the season.  Our brand is going through some transformation, we are growing and bringing new talent in.  We are also working hard to bring you some natural and organic products (that we searched the world over) for the creme de la creme in beauty.  Stay tuned because Karen and I make no shortcuts and if you have fallen in love with Tesoro or Decouverte we are going to knock your socks off with what we have going on. 

Here are a few items I am absolutely thrilled about and coveting this Fall season:

1.  A charcoal grey cape like the one pictured above.  To wear with a long sleeved top and dark denim jeans it can be fashionable for a day or evening look. 

2.  BOOTS.  I have a penchant for boots because they rock my world through Fall, Winter and Spring in this notoriously windy city.  I am currently looking for the perfect pair and have my eye on some Rag and Bone boots that may just cut into my budget in a serious way, but damn will I look like a super star as I bust a move at my favorite Argentine dance club.

3. Books, Movies and Chocolate, oh my!  Probably not in that order as chocolate will always come first.  We have a chocolate event this fall with the best chocolatier in Chicago and they are pairing up their picks with great choices in biodynamic and organic wines.  (Announcement and event invitation to come soon).  I will not be shamed into being demure at this event and very likely will be the crazy lady wearing chocolate all over her face.  Which is cool because cocoa is a great natural moisturizer.  I am also looking forward to reading a book by Nina Burleigh, The Fatal Gift of Beauty and before you judge my I.Q. you should know that Nina Burleigh moved her life and family to Perugia, Italy to cover the trial of Amanda Knox, which I find thorough and truly dedicated.  This is not a beauty book, but a book about the judgements we make based on beauty.  As Mama always said, "never judge a book by its cover."  There are also a couple of George Clooney movies to be released this Fall and I have no idea what they're about and don't care!  George Clooney on the big screen is all I need to know. 


Exotic chocolates
Delicate jasmine flowers
4.  Blood red lipstick.  Who doesn't want to look like a French film star?  I know I do!  Red lips are everywhere this season and trust me, they beg to be noticed.  Single ladies, remember to apply before making that trip to Whole Foods, you may just delight that foodie cutie you've been trying to impress.

5.  Lastly and perhaps my most anticipated fall fashion pick is something I can easily accomplish, bohemian style cascading waves.  California girls have long been the leader to promote this spirited yet natural style, but it seems big city girls are now following suit and I LOVE it!  Mostly because I have long, naturally wavy hair, but also because our new aromatic hair elixir-BOHEMIA VERDE is boosting this look for me with a healthy sheen and a heavenly scent that makes me want to sniff my own hair!



Those are my picks and I look forward to hearing yours so send me an email at info@labellafigurabeauty.com or post it on our FB page www.facebook.com/labellafigura.  Happy Fall fashion season to you all.

Victoria


No comments:

Post a Comment