Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

La Bella of the week, Clara Montes.



Our pick of the week, Clara Montes is a friend of ours and a beauty snob. Clara is a Brazilian living and working in the States that brings back great products for us to try on her trips to Rio.  She is a witty and sassy chick and quite the Einstein to boot.



Who are you? 

Clara, just a simple girl living in complicated times.

Where do you live?

My body is in Chicago, my heart is always in Rio.

What is your occupation?

An economist and professor.

What is your astrological sign?

I'm a fish! Hahahahahahaha!

What do you do for fun and recreation?

These days not much because I'm in a classroom most of the time and when I'm not I'm in front of a computer.  Summers are different for me.  I travel and go visit friends all over.  Like all Brazilians I love being outside and at the beach.  I boogie board and surf.  I also like to cliff dive!  It's crazy and a little dangerous, but very thrilling.

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?

Good question.  I probably would go to Japan.  I have always been fascinated with Japanese culture.  I would love to learn a little Japanese first.

What do you enjoy most about your life?

My independence.  Growing up we did not have much money and we were limited.  Having a job and a little money means I get to be independent and have a little freedom. 

What made you try organic products?

You!  I'm kidding because in Brazil we use coconuts in everything. We drink the water in the morning to hydrate, use the oil in our hair and on our skin.  Almost everything you can buy on the street is very fresh and natural.  My Mother used to make us natural "lipstick" with acai juice and coconut oil because we couldn't afford makeup.  Who knew that I would revert back to natural products because it's better for you.  My Mom should have been the Brazilian Estee Lauder.  I will also try any good organic shampoo. I have about 15 bottles of shampoo in the shower.

If we "shadowed" you for an entire day, what beauty horror would we find out about you?

A lot of embarrassing things.  I don't sleep much, I don't exercise much and I drink a lot of coffee.  I try to wash my face every night, but sometimes I forget if I'm working late.

What are your favorite beauty products, something you could not be on a desert island without?

I guess a comb for my hair because I hate tangles,  shampoo, toothpaste, a good moisturizer and a mirror to look at myself and use to attract attention from a plane.  I would go crazy on a desert island. 

                                               What will you be doing this weekend?

Writing, cleaning my apartment and making soup.  If I ever get to leave my apartment I would love to take my friend Victoria out to a new wine bar here in Hyde Park.  One day, I hope.

                                              Sum up a motto that best describes you:

Antes pouco do que nada.  It means, half a loaf is better than none.  I always remember that when I think I haven't accomplished enough or want more.

 

Thank you so much for a fun interview Clara.  We wonder what kind of soup you'll be making and where you'll go cliff diving next!  Thanks for the tip of mixing coconut oil with acai berries, sounds like an experiment for LBF. We'll be sure to send you text messages to remind you to wash your face.                                                                                                                               






































No comments:

Post a Comment