Search This Blog

Wednesday, October 19, 2011

La "Bella" of the week: Organic beauty, Brittney Scott

We are asking beauty lover Brittney Scott a couple of questions about her likes and her beauty routine. Brittney is a La Bella Figura fan and has a very fun and friendly vibe about her, much like the State in which she lives.\




Who are you?

Brittney Scott, a 25-year-old, La Bella Figura fan! ;o)

Where do you live?


Henderson, Nevada. It's a suburb of Las Vegas.

What is your occupation?

I work as the Client Services Representative for a Vegas-based production company. I get to interact with clients, meet amazing people, and watch great productions develop from the idea stages to
completion. It's a fun job! Plus, my boss has become one of my closest
friends. Huge plus.


What is your astrological sign?

I'm a Virgo! September 10th.


What do you do for fun and recreation?

Wine and mojitos! Does that count? I love hanging out with girlfriends over wine and chatting -with LOTS of laughter- for hours. It's the best inexpensive fun a girl can have- and it's good for the soul! Other than that, I love traveling -which in my life means short weekend trips, when it happens-, anything outdoors, bike rides, hiking with my dogs, and enjoying a soy latte while reading a good book. Those are a few of my most favorite things.

If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?

That's a toughy-I'd have to say Positano, Italy. It's this amazing hillside village on the coast. The photographs I've seen of it are incredible. If you Googled an image of Positano you'd see the hillside covered in the most colorful assortment of buildings, shops, homes, etc. It's gorgeous. Capital One lets you customize the background image of your card and mine is a photo of Positano. I'll visit there one day!

What do you enjoy most about your life?

Everything! Honestly. I have a great life. I feel like I'm never stressed- and if I am, the feeling subsides quickly. I'm always reminding myself how thankful I am for the people and things I have in my life. I have an amazing family and wonderful friends who are truly the greatest set of people I've ever met in my life. I'm a lucky girl.

What made you try organic beauty products?

That's a good question. For a little while now I've been very interested in learning about all things natural and organic related. It's a fascinating topic for me. I love the idea of doing things for the environment and ourselves that is all-natural and most importantly good for you! Anybody who has used or eaten organic for any period of time knows how much better you feel while doing so. It just gives you a natural high. It makes you feel better as a person! I love it. I believe we should use organic products in all areas of our lives and we'd be pleasantly surprised.

If we "shadowed" you for an entire day, what beauty horror would we find out
about you?


Oh gosh! Hmmm... that could be A LOT of things! I am going to go
with the fact that I can't not pick anything. I'm horrible about it. Whether
it be blemishes, scabs, or any sort of bump on my skin. I can't keep my
hands away! My biggest skin issue is that I can't stop touching it. I make
bets with myself in my head to try to get myself to stop. haha! It's a work
in progress.


What are your favorite beauty products, something you could not be on a
desert island without?


First, I'm going to say your Bohemia Verde hair
elixir. And I'm not just saying that! It truly reduces my hair regimen time
by a ton (ask any of my friends how long it usually takes me to do my hair) and allows me to wear my hair more naturally. It's wash, apply BV, air dry,
and go! It's amazing. Other than that, I'd definitely need a toothbrush,
toothpaste, cleanser, face moisturizer -Tesoro is great!-, some lip
moisturizer and toilet paper (does that count?). There are other things that
would be nice to have, but those would be the most important.


When you were little what celebrity or icon did you most want to grow up to be like?

This is embarrassing, but Britney Spears. I didn't want to be
like her, I wanted to be her. So much that I changed my name from Brittney with two t's to Britney.
Only within the last couple years did I start using my original spelling
again. My friends still make fun of me for it!


What will you be doing this weekend?

On Friday morning I leave for Denver to visit my beautiful sister who is attending college there! She's my best friend and I only get to see her every so often, so I'm excited. We're going to the Jason Aldean concert downtown Friday night, which we got amazing front seats for, and then the rest of the weekend we'll spend exploring Denver and Boulder. I'm looking forward most to going to the Farmer's Markets in the mornings! It will be a fun girl's weekend.

Sum up a motto that best describes you:

"Be as you are." I feel in this day and age everyone is so caught up trying to be like someone else. We were all made and meant to be different so I'm constantly reminding myself to embrace and appreciate my own self -quirks and all- and to stay true to who I am. If anything, that's one thing that I've grown to be good at- being myself.



We think Brittney is absolutely adorable and we love her candor and admission to being a Britney fan! Don't you wish you could hang out with her and her sister at the Jason Aldean concert this weekend? We couldn't agree more with her choice of destination in travel.

Have fun Brittney and we want to see your lovely pictures when you make it to Positano!

xo La Bella Figura


No comments:

Post a Comment