Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

La Bella of the week, Writer and Editor, Susan Linney

This week we are especially excited to feature a real beauty addict and expert as our "La Bella" of the week!  Susan Linney knows a good thing when she sees it.  We are inspired by her recent job switch from a great and steady job to persue her dreams.  You can read Susan's (often sassy, but always spot on) work on Meets Obsession, a publication for fashion, beauty, and culture insiders.  You're missing out if you haven't checked it out.




Looking natural and gorgeous.





La Bella Figura: Who are you?


Susan Linney: daughter, granddaughter, sister, wife, friend, niece, cousin, godmother, writer and beauty lover.




LBF: Where do you live?


SL: Brooklyn Heights, NYC





LBF: What is your occupation?


SL: Currently, I’m a freelance beauty editor and writer. Prior to that I was a research chief for seven years, first at Redbook and then at Lucky magazine. I loved heading those departments but realized that my real passion was for writing. So I took the leap back in February to freelance full-time. It’s a little scary not to have that steady paycheck anymore, especially given the current economic climate, but I’m still glad I did it. My work is incredibly rewarding. I’m really doing what I love.


LBF: What is your astrological sign?


SL: Aries



LBF: What do you do for fun and recreation?


SL: Play with beauty products, practice Pilates (and when I get really motivated, yoga). I love to play Wii with my husband (yes, were are both still kids at heart), write in my journal, people watch



LBF: If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?


SL: Does traveling back in time count? If so, I’d LOVE to spend a week in the 70s. From a fashion standpoint, I adore everything about that decade.
In real life? I actually got to go to Iceland back in October, which had long been on my travel list. It’s an amazing country and I think everyone should visit. Especially if you are a beauty junkie like me: they have the most amazing hot springs, spas, and organic beauty products.



LBF: What do you enjoy most about your life?


SL: My friends and family, being a newlywed (sort of—this Sunday, Nov 13th is our first anniversary), the fact that I was born and raised in NYC, my writing.


LBF: What made you try organic products?


SL: Being a beauty editor is a pretty sweet gig because you get sent A LOT of free product. I was lucky enough to receive some samples from LBF and I was instantly in love. The La Curacio Lip Balm is now the only thing I use for my chapped lips—I’m addicted to it.
LBF made me realize that organic products really do work. I had tried some in the past to lackluster results. But now that I know there are all-natural brands out that that work, I’m really getting into seeking them out and using them more often.


LBF: If we "shadowed" you for an entire day, what beauty horror would we find out about you?


SL: Sometimes I go to bed without taking off my makeup. It’s terrible and I’m such a hypocrite because I always scold other people who do it. I don’t do it often, but there have been nights when I’m so wiped out, the thought of doing anything other than crawl into bed seems impossible.




LBF: What are your favorite beauty products, something you could not be on a desert island without?



Also, Bobbi Brown’s Beach Oil, however if I were on a deserted tropical island, I suppose I wouldn’t need it.
Wow—that’s a lot! Yeah, I’m an addict.


LBF: What will you be doing this weekend?

SL: Packing for a trip to Turks and Caicos!




LBF: Sum up a motto that best describes you:




SL: Don't lose your confidence if you slip,
Be grateful for a pleasant trip,
Then pick yourself up,
Dust yourself off,
And start all over.




         
A "beauty" writer.


Happy Anniversary Susan! Have a fun vacation! (Don't you just see her on vacation trying to get through security with an array of products in her arsenal?)  We want to thank her for giving organic products another chance and we are beyond delighted that she is a LBF fan! This is one expert you want to follow and read steadily.  Follow Susan on Twitter @Susan_Linney and on Meets Obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment