Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

La Bella has our first "Bello", Il Bello of the week, Brian Guadagno!

This week we have our first "Bello!"  Brian Guadagno, a real life hero and lifeguard who spends his time on the beach and creating organic sunscreen to not only protect our skin, but the ocean as well.  Raw Elements USA is the name of his company and if you read the ingredient list you'll be rushing to get yourself some of this organic goodness, made with organic sunflower oil, green tea, cocoa and mango butter to name a few!



Brian in action!






La Bella Figura: Who are you?

       
Brian Guadagno: Brian Guadagno, 17 year professional ocean lifeguard and I try to be the best person I can.
LBF: Where do you live?

       
BG: I split time between Southern California, Rhode Island in the summer.

LBF: What is your occupation?

       
BG: President and Founder of Raw Elements USA, Chemical Free Sunscreen, #1 rated by The Environmental Working Group for safety and efficacy.

LBF: What is your astrological sign?

       
BG: Cancer

LBF: What do you do for fun and recreation?

BG: I love to fish, music, shoot photography, anything and everything at the beach and on the ocean, spend time with my family and friends.

LBF: If you could travel anywhere, where would it be and why?

BG: Either the plains of Africa to capture it with my lens or somewhere with the perfect wave alone..

LBF: What do you enjoy most about your life?

BG: I enjoy being blessed with the most amazing family and so many great friends. I also enjoy having had the opportunity to have saved lives in the ocean along side some of the most dedicated and trustworthy friends in the world.  Knowing that they will always be there by your side, no matter how bad it gets, is a pretty amazing feeling.

LBF: What made you try organic products?

BG: I think initially it was my discovery of all the chemicals that make up traditional sunscreens. I felt pretty foolish that as a lifeguard, I had been using these products for so long and never thought to look into what was in them, how it would effect me or the environment. That was an eye opener for me and it changed my approach to everything that I use from food, to cosmetics and so on. .

LBF: If we "shadowed" you for an entire day, what beauty horror would we
find out about you?


BG: I think it would probably be that I have a terrible habit of biting my nails. I've tried to shake it before, guess the hand modeling thing is out!

LBF: What are your favorite beauty products, something you could not be on a desert island without?

BG: I would have to say organic cocoa butter and organic coconut oil, can't beat that! Oh, and considering we are speaking about the desert, Raw Elements ECO STICK SPF 30+ for sure!


LBF: What will you be doing this weekend?

BG: This weekend I am definitely taking my dog, Doc, for a hike, long over due!

LBF: Sum up a motto that best describes you:

BG: Hmmm... I've always tried to follow, 'Intent, Delivery, Follow-Through'.   

organic awesomeness!




The guy in the video is not Brian, but his company spokesperson, Garrett McNamara who rode a 90 foot wave a few weeks ago to my jaw dropping awe!  Pretty cool, huh?!  We have great admiration for Brian for creating such a wonderful, natural product that EVERYONE needs, to protect their skin.  The fact that it is biodegradable and doesn't hurt the ocean or its wildlife makes it an added bonus. This guy knows how to live his life and we hope he gets to take his dream trip so we can see through his eyes!




1 comment:

  1. Raw Elements USA, it's founder Brian Guadagno and the products are a perfect combination of Brian's motto stated above...'Intent, delivery, and follow-thru.' Brian has always done what he says he's going to do and Raw Elements is the perfect snap shot of that.... No pun intended to his interest in photography!! He has never been a 'talker' he has always been a 'doer' ... I'm proud of Brian and all of his accomplishments! - Dana Marie

    ReplyDelete